I know this has taken an age to do, sorry for the delay. Still I am very proud to have received the following awards:
From Radaronelson @Seasons of Insanity, I received TWO awards,
The Liebster Award
and the Very inspiring Blogger Award
Thank you so much for these lovely awards x
Thank you so much for the award, I really appreciate it x
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
* Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
* Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
* Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
* Go to their page and tell them.
* No tag backs!
And my nominees for the Liebster Award are:
- SW Lothian
- Shout With Emaginette
- Devina a lemon flavoured jellybean
- a Portia Adams Adventure
- Poet’s Corner
- I have a voice
- Chatty Owl
- Michael Cargill
- Lauren N. Colie
- Journey into Poetry
Now, for the Very inspiring Blogger Award, the rules are as follows:
*Display the award on your blog
*Link back to the person who nominated you
*State 7 things about yourself
*Nominate 15 bloggers
So for this award I am nominating:
- Me and the Boss 2013
- Worldly Winds
- Tarek of Cairo
- Linda Jackson Blog
- Knite Writes
- Sean Lynch
- The tale of my heart
- Russel Ray Photos
- The Laundry Maid
- Simple pleasures
- Life in relation to Art
- Sweet child of Mine
- JR Barker
Okay, Q & A time! I am going to combine the two awards as answering the questions for the Liebster award should cover the saying something about myself too 🙂
Radaronelson’s Q & A:
- If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was not a hindrance, where would you go? Why?
Hmm, this is a hard one as I have never been anywhere really and there are many, many places I would love to go to. So I would say my top three places would be: Florida in the US, the Tuscany region in Italy and I would like to see some of the ‘old world’ places like Cambodia, Egypt, parts of South America…
- Your favorite fictional character and why?
I have always loved Clive Cussler’s Dirk Pitt (what a man!). I also love Jane Austen’s Mr Darcy (strong, aloof – but also has that covered up softer side that takes a while to come out), the strong female character Tilly Trotter from Catherine Cookson’s novel of the same name and Terry Pratchett’s Death and Lord Vetinari because they are so funny!
- Harry Potter series or The twilight saga?
The twilight saga
- How old were you before you stopped believing in Santa Claus? and still kinda pissed
- Twitter or Facebook?
- Share your top 5 favorite books…
Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
Tilly Trotter – Catherine Cookson
Monsoon – Wilbur Smith
The Truth – Terry Pratchett
I know why the caged Bird sings – Maya Angelou
- Spiritual or religious?
- What makes your day brighter?
- Your most memorable moment in 2012?
Oh there are so many…
- If the genie grants you three wishes, what would they be?
My folks to live here
A cleaning fairy
Long warm summers every year
- Your goal for 2013?
Finish at least a half-decent novel 🙂
J R Barker’s Q & A:
- Why do you blog?
I hope that regular writing will not only keep me inspired to write but will also improve my writing skills so I can hopefully produce a decent novel in the future.
- What do you like to write about?
Anything that I can relate to, mostly about my life or thoughts, sometimes dreams.
- What do you like to read?
I really enjoy action adventure novels and humorous novels, as well as historical and romance so a very wide variety.
- What is your favourite book and why?
This is answered under Radaronelson’s questions
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
Hmm, don’t remember much of my childhood but I would say I have a lot of fond memories of playing at both grandparent’s houses.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who criticize other people, after all no one is perfect 🙂
- What is your all time favourite character? (Be it from books, films or cartoons.)
This is also answered in the above questions.
- Do you have any hobbies? (other than blogging)
I like to draw, make things, gardening is a favourite (when the weather is good)
- Do you prefer books or films and why?
Both. the only advantage with reading a book rather than watching a film is you can build your own picture of characters and backgrounds rather than have someone force their vision on you (a good example of this would be Dirk Pitt. From reading the books I have always had a very clear image in my mind of what he looks like: bleach blond hair, golden tan, well-toned body, tall, broad-shouldered, a bit rough round the edges. And in the movie, Sahara, he looks rather different to my vision of him!)
- What are your top three bucket list items?
Get a book published
Go back to SA on holiday
Learn to play the guitar well
- If science didn’t apply and you could do anything (such as going into space without a space suit or turning into a mermaid) what would it be?
I would like to go to the core of the earth to see what is really happening down there 🙂
Now, I am supposed to set my own questions but I think that because there are already a load of very good questions on this post, I would ask my nominees to please choose 11 questions from the above and answer them. Good luck!
I hope you enjoyed finding out a little more about me and thank you once again to
J R Barker x